Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

One Point for Outlining

All---

I don't want to drag up the whole, unfortunate debate about outlining, but I did want to specifically mention one of the reasons I do it.  (I don't do a proper outline, just a chapter run.)  When I have these periods where my momentum has slowed for one reason or another, having the outline there gives me something I can hold onto and pull myself through for a little while until I get my sea legs back under me.

There's no true, mid-project writer's block when you have some kind of sketch of what's coming ahead.  Your writing may be less fun when you are just pushing through.  Your writing may not be quite as sharp.  But you're still making progress, and you can make up for it in revisions.

Something for you to think about at least, I hope!

.Nevets.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar