Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Florence, after the Angst

Yesterday was another busy day.   


This morning I had to smile when I got up and found Florence had fallen asleep, propped up by my work basket, her head cushioned by a ball of wool.   Quite when that happened, I don't know, but she does look very cute.     I half hoped to find that she had been busy finishing off my fairies, but no.   Perhaps she had been out dancing or partying.



Months of meetings, note-taking, typing, finding suitable photographs and a smidgeon of hard work have all paid off.      Yesterday I collected the printed booklets and, on the way home,  dropped a copy, plus the invoice,  off at the local 'squire's' house - he will pay the bill on behalf of the local parish council.

Next job was to collect Toby and take a walk along to visit Miss Read and hand her the finished version of her booklet.   

So that is it, warts and all.    Now I can concentrate on getting a few more bits finished for the bazaar, and then the rest of the time will be my own - ha! as if.

My granddaughter was 'tidying' my doll dressing fabrics yesterday, and discovered the remnants of a skirt which used to be hers...  It was a lace and silk concoction, a party skirt, which she had long grown out of.   For a moment her emotions were poised, they could have gone either way, luckily I had the dressed fairy to hand, she could see how the fabric had been dyed a soft pink and then embellished with bits and pieces.   It got her stamp of approval.   Thank goodness.

Out in the front car park, construction work continues.


Wood Henge is being built.    It is a bit further along than this now, the apex roof line is beginning to take shape, where just the uprights have protruded for the last couple of months.     Local wood being used to make an open-fronted garage/log store.     

I'm not sure quite how much work will be done on it today, the winds may have dropped, but heavy rain is forecast.     Not that it will bother me, my work is indoors.    A bit of housework and then a lot of sewing, maybe watch an old film.    Indoors things - apart from dog walks, of course.

How about you?




Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar