Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Thankful

Happy New Year to my blogger friends. I have been reading quite a few retrospectives on 2008 the last couple of days, almost all of which lament the disastrous economy. I work for a bank and believe me, I am tuned in to how bad it is.

I still have many blessings to count, though. We've had some great times at my house over the past week, laughing, playing games (we are a competitive bunch here), eating great food and enjoying this season. As I have stated previously in this space, I am immensely blessed by a wonderful wife and three children who continue to love me "because of and in spite of." I am blown away by these people.

Wife and I have a quiet New Year's Eve planned. We'll get together with two other couples for an early dinner, then play cards for a while. Since I am on "holiday time" I might even make it to midnight. It will be an enjoyable evening and I am thankful for little blessings that times like these provide.

I am thankful to each of you, my faithful blogger friends, listed to the left on my blog page:

Kelly -- my lifelong friend who introduced me to blogging. We share a lifetime of memories and now have this connection. You are a true blessing in my life.


Pam -- Kelly's sister, who I probably met years ago, with whom I have become re-acquainted.
Your devotion to your daughter and your special grandsons, and to those children you have made a part of your life, is inspiring. I long to be as unselfish as you.

Hal -- You bring to life what it's like to be a pilot. I am always excited when I see a new post from you. And wow, what an example of a devoted husband and dad you are.

Bob B. -- Ditto what I said to Hal about learning about the life of a pilot. You possess a wit and a zest for life that comes through in everything you write. Your post about BILLY MAYS is still my favorite.

Michael --The wisdom you have at your age is nothing short of amazing. I am educated and challenged each time I read something you have written.

Quid -- We don't agree on politics but we share a love of reading and writing. I appreciate your consistent wit and wisdom. Still waiting to hear about the cat phobia thing.

Debby -- If I had the authority to give a "Blog of the Year" award, it would go to you. Your unfolding story about your battle with cancer -- and your humor, candor, optimism and faith in the midst of it -- is always an upper.

So, a big "Cheers" to you, good friends, as we close out this year. Best wishes for a happy and healthy 2009. I look forward to our continued friendship.



Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar