Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Surprise

I didn't plan on posting today, but I am somewhat overwhelmed by the good fortune that is mine.
I am also painfully aware of the crap shoot that is life.

I had decided, before my surgery, that I was not going to ride my bicycle anymore.  It was stressful enough on my titanium knee, but now with rods in my neck, and guaranteed limited range of motion of my neck, I think it should be crossed off my list, right along with carnival rides and pink motor scooters.

So, I decided to give it to my #2 daughter, who is realizing what running 8-10 miles at a clip will do to one's knees, no matter what your age.
This morning,  I asked DH if we could go to the studio, pick up the bike, and bring it home, so that when she and her family came by later, it would be here.
This was my first "ride" out.  
We went and picked up the bike, the car carrier, and brought them home. Thanks, L, for help in digging it out of the barn where you and I packed it away so well.

We got here, and DH carried it all up to our front porch, in case it rained, and we went in the house.
He said to me, "Leave Roy's harness on, I will be right back, and I will take him for a walk."
He went upstairs, I turned to fill the tea kettle, and suddenly, there was this terrific crash, and leaves covered the kitchen window.



My neighbors came flying out of their houses, to see what the huge 'cracking' noise was.


DH came flying down the stairs.


Can I just tell you that if DH and Roy had gone right out the door,  and he hadn't gone upstairs first, that this tree could have driven them to the ground?


Or if the wind had gusted a little harder, a little sooner, that the tree coming down wouldn't have had to have hit me?  That the sheer force and suddenness of it would have tipped me over, and that my cervical collar wouldn't have saved me from such severe pain/injury that I can't even think about it?


I am sitting now in the window, the wind is blowing, the sun is here now, then gone.
The morning is suddenly so precious, I can barely contain myself.


 Gratitude doesn't cover it.  The word isn't big enough.


Waiting for people to come clear it away, so we can get out the door.
But for now, I am content to sit here and knit a little, before my next nap.
That's just about enough excitement for today, right Roy???






Roy?????








Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar