Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

The Last Argument of Kings

I've only played a few games of Black Powder and I have to admit I enjoyed them. Having said that I won't be replacing the current house rules for the WSS with them but I am considering them for the Great Northern War (yes it is still a live project and there are in fact a hundred or so figures in the box to be painted).
I bought this supplement because it has sections on the Great Northern War and the War of the Spanish Succession, as well as the War of the Austrian succession & Seven years War (along with the French Indian War, Ottoman Turks and a trip to the Indian subcontinent to boot). Sounds good.
The book is stacked full of photographs that make me want to revert to the Age of Reason and get the brush out. Wall to wall full colour shots of well painted figures for all the periods discussed.
As for the rules well they take up very little space in the book, single pages mostly, being interspersed with broad brush outlines for the various conflicts. I suppose this may be because the rules are actually quite simple and the only refinement needed was to give some unique ratings and characteristics to the various combatants. Nothing much else changes.
As ever there are little bits in here which I feel we can include in the house rules for the WSS without changing the feel of our rules too much and making life somewhat easier (interpenetration and change of formation mostly, with some adjustments to dragoons).
At £18 from Warlord Games it is a very good publication (despite it being softback) and one I'd recommend if BP is your thing.

PS - the free figure of Wee Wullie, as on the front cover, is also an excellent piece of sculpting.

Yorum Gönder

0 Yorumlar